8th Floor, General Mustafiz Tower, MIST.
Mirpur Cantonment, Dhaka-1216, Bangladesh
Phone: +880 1795950319
Profiles: LinkedIn Google Scholar ResearchGate Kaggle GitHub
- B.Sc. in Computer Science and Engineering (4 Years)
Military Institute of Science and Technology.
Awards & Honours
Champion in the application category of the Medical Robotics Challenge for Contagious Diseases, organized by Imperial College London
Champion in the creative app contest of the “Tri Robo Cup”, organized by the MIST Robotics club
3rd runner-up of the project-building subcategory under the problem-based category at COVID-19 Combatants Unification Competition
MIST Dean’s List of honor – 2018
MIST Dean’s List of honor – 2019
MIST Dean’s List of honor – 2020
- Graduated with MIST Dean’s List of Honor
- Received University Merit Scholarship in Level-2, Level-3, and level-4 at Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST).
- Solved over 1500 problems in different online judges and participated in many Inter-University competitive programming competitions.
Research Domain: Machine Learning, Data Science, AI, Bioinformatics, IoT
- Muhammad Nazrul Islam, Nafiz Imtiaz Khan, Nafiz Islam, Samuli Laato and A. K. M. Nazmul Islam ”Monitoring the Health and Movement of Quarantined COVID-19 Patients with Wearable Devices” Healthcare Technology Solutions for Pandemics – A Roadmap.
- Muhammad Nazrul Islam, Tahasin Mahmud, Nafiz Imtiaz Khan, Sumaiya Nuha Mustafina and A. K. M. Nazmul Islam, ”Exploring Machine Learning Algorithms to Find the Best Features for Predicting Modes of Childbirth,” in IEEE Access, vol. 9, pp. 1680-1692, 2021 (IF = 3.75 and SJR Rank = Q1) [HTML Link]
- Jesika Rahman, Khondaker Sakil Ahmed, Nafiz Imtiaz Khan, Kamrul Islam and Sujith Mangalathu ”Data-Driven Shear Strength Prediction of Steel Fiber Reinforced Concrete Beams Using Machine Learning Algorithms”. Engineering Structures (IF = 4.471 and SJR Rank = Q1) [HTML Link]
- Mohammad Shahjahan Majib, Md. Mahbubur Rahman, T. M. Shahriar Sazzad, Nafiz Imtiaz Khan, Samrat Kumar Dey “VGG-SCNet: A VGG Net-based Deep Learning Framework for Brain Tumor Detection on MRI Images” in IEEE Access, vol. 9, pp. 1880-1892, 2021 (IF = 3.75 and SJR Rank = Q1) [HTML Link]
- Muhammad Nazrul Islam, Nafiz Imtiaz Khan, Tahasin Mahmud, "COVID-19 and Black Fungus: Analysis of Public Perceptions through Machine Learning". Engineering Reports. 2022 Apr;4(4):e12475. [HTML Link]
- Samia Zakir Sarothi, Khondaker Sakil Ahmed, Nafiz Imtiaz Khan, Aziz Ahmed, Moncef Nehdi ” Predicting Bearing Capacity of Double Shear Bolted Connections Using Machine Learning, Engineering Structures. 2022 Jan 15;251:113497. [HTML Link]
- Samia Zakir Sarothi, Khondaker Sakil Ahmed, Nafiz Imtiaz Khan, Aziz Ahmed, Moncef Nehdi. Machine Learning-Based Failure Mode Identification of Double Shear Bolted Connections in Structural Steel. Engineering Failure Analysis. 2022 May 23:106471. [HTML Link]
- Muhammad Nazrul Islam, Sumaiya Nuha Mustafina, Tahasin Mahmud, Nafiz Imtiaz Khan. Machine learning to predict pregnancy outcomes: a systematic review, synthesizing framework and future research agenda. BMC pregnancy and childbirth. 2022 Dec;22(1):1-9. (IF = 3.09 and SJR Rank = Q1) [HTML Link]
- Akib Zaman, Mohammad Shahjahan Majib, Shoeb Ahmed Tanjim, Shah Md. Ahasan Siddique, Shafayetul Islam, Md Shadman Aadeeb, Nafiz Imtiaz Khan, Riasat Haque, Md Rashid Ul Islam, M. Rayhan Ferdous Faisal, Siddharth Malik, Muhammad Nazrul Islam. UVC-PURGE: A Novel Cost-Effective Disinfection Robot for Combating COVID-19 Pandemic. IEEE Access. 2022 Mar 30;10:37613-34. (IF = 3.75 and SJR Rank = Q1) [HTML Link]
- Md Mahbubar Rahman, Nafiz Imtiaz Khan, Iqbal H. Sarker, Mohiuddin Ahmed, Muhammad Nazrul Islam. Leveraging machine learning to analyze sentiment from COVID‐19 tweets: A global perspective. Engineering Reports. 2022:e12572. [HTML Link]
- Muhammad Nazrul Islam and Nafiz Imtiaz Khan ”Designing User Interfaces for Illiterate and Semi-literate Users: A Systematic Review”. IETE Technical Review. (under review)
- Nafiz Imtiaz Khan, Tahasin Mahmud, Muhammad Nazrul Islam and Sumaiya Nuha Mustafina. ”Prediction of Cesarean Childbirth using Ensemble Machine Learning Methods”, 22nd International Conference on Information Integration and Web-based Applications & Services (iiWAS2020) November 30-December 2, 2020, Chiang Mai, Thailand. [HTML Link]
- Nafiz Imtiaz Khan, Sumaiya Nuha Mustafina, Farzana Faruk Jhumu, A.H.M Zobyer, Masrur Hasan Mahin, Md. Ariful Islam Tarek, Raiyan Rahman, Muhammad Nazrul Islam ”Towards Developing an Automated Attendance Management System using Fingerprint Sensor”, International Conference on Emerging Technology in Computing, Communication and Electronics. December 21-22, 2020, Dhaka, Bangladesh. [HTML Link]
- Tarannum Zaki, Nafiz Imtiaz Khan, Muhammad Nazrul Islam ”Evaluation of User’s Emotional Experience through Neurological and Physiological Measures in Playing Serious Games”, 20th International Conference on Intelligent Systems Design and Applications (ISDA) On the World Wide Web, December 12-15, 2020. [HTML Link]
- Anika Islam Aishwarja, Nusrat Jahan Eva, Shakira Mushtary, Zarin Tasnim, Nafiz Imtiaz Khan, and Muhammad Nazrul Islam ”Exploring the Machine Learning Algorithms to Find the Best Features for Predicting the Breast Cancer and its Recurrence”, 3rd International Conference on Intelligent Computing & Optimization. April 22-23, 2021 Hua Hin, Thailand. [HTML Link]
- Deepon Deb Nath, Nafiz Imtiaz Khan, Jesmin Akhter and Abu Sayed Md. Mostafizur Rahaman "Prediction of Android Malicious Software using boosting Algorithms" 4th International Conference on Emerging Technologies in Computing 2021. August 18-19, 2021 London, United Kingdom. [HTML Link]
- Noor Nafiz Islam, Nafiz Imtiaz Khan, Md Abdur Razzak and Muhmmad Nazrul Islam ”Design, Development and Evaluation of a Physical Exercise Monitoring and Managing System for Athletes” 23rd International Conference on Information Integration and Web Intelligence (iiWAS2021), November 29-December 1, 2021, Linz, Austria. [HTML Link]
- Ifath Ara, Tasneem Mubashshira, Fariha Fardina Amin, Nafiz Imtiaz Khan, and Muhammad Nazrul Islam, “Towards Developing a Mobile Application for Detecting Intoxicated People through Interactive UIs”, International Joint Conference on Advances in Computational Intelligence IJCACI 2021. [HTML Link]
- Muhammad Nazrul Islam, Nafiz Imtiaz Khan, Ayon Roy, Md Mahbubar Rahman, Md Saddam Hossain Mukta, A.K.M Najmul Islam, “Sentiment Analysis of Bangladesh-specific COVID-19 Tweets using Deep Neural Network” 622nd International Conference on Information Technology and Management Science. [HTML Link]
- Md. Rokonuzzaman Reza, Fabiha Mukarrama Binte Mannan, Dhrubo Barua, Shafayetul Islam, Nafiz Imtiaz Khan, Sharifa Rania Mahmud, “Developing a Machine Learning Based Support System for Mitigating the Suppression Against Women and Children” 5th International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Information & Communication Technology (ICEEICT). [HTML Link]
- Shutonu Mitra, Tasfia Tasnim, Arr Rafi Islam, Nafiz Imtiaz Khan, and Shajahan Majib. ”A Framework to Detect and Prevent Cyberbullying from Social Media by Exploring Machine Learning Algorithms”, 6th International Conference on Computer, Communication, Chemical, Materials and Electronic Engineering (IC4ME2) December 26-27, 2021, Rajshahi University, Rajshahi, Bangladesh. [HTML Link]
- Muhammad Rafsun Sheikh, Tarek Hasan Masud, Nafiz Imtiaz Khan, Muhammad Nazrul Islam. An Efficient Transfer Learning Model for Predicting Forged (Handwritten) Signature. In2021 International Conference on Computer, Communication, Chemical, Materials, and Electronic Engineering (IC4ME2) 2021 Dec 26 (pp. 1-4). IEEE. [HTML Link]
- Junior Software Developer, Guard Force Securities [ref]
Duration: August 2019 – February 2020
- Industrial Trainee, Robi Axiata Limited [ref]
Duration: December 2019 – January 2020
- FACULTY MEMBER, Department of CSE, Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST), Mirpur Cantonment, Dhaka-1216, Bangladesh.
Duration: March 2021– Present.
C, C++, Java, Python
Oracle, Firebase, MySql
Codeblocks, Netbeans, Eclipse, MATLAB, Android Studio, Packet Tracer, Emu8086, Arduino
Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint
OpenGL, Blender, Adobe Illustrator
- CMH Plasma bank, a platform for managing plasma donors and accumulated plasma in CMH and AFIP
- MIST Blood Bank, a platform for the MIST students to get in touch with potential blood donors in case of dire need
- MAAS: MIST Automated Attendance System, an integrated, embedded, and fully automated attendance system that makes the use of edge and cloud computing, biometric sensors, and real-time cloud database
- UVC-PURGE V2.0, a semi-autonomous UVC disinfection robot
- DiaTracker, a digital solution for tracking diabetes
- FilesFly, a desktop application for transferring files.