Eligibility for written test
- Candidates will be short-listed on the basis of total GPA/marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in HSC or Equivalent Examination. In case of tie, order of priority for finding the eligible candidates will be GPA/marks in Mathematics, Physics and then Chemistry.
- A short listed candidates against total seat capacity of 570 will be allowed to appear written test. These candidates include, candidates passed in HSC/Equivalent examination in current year (2019) and maximum 2000 candidates passed HSC or equivalent in previous year (2018).
- All eligible candidates with GCE A’ Level or equivalent of current year and previous year (last year only) will be allowed to appear at the written admission test.
- Two separate lists (one for current year and one for last year’s candidates) will be generated for selection purpose to appear written admission test only.
- Short list of eligible candidates will be published on 17 October 2019 in the MIST website: www.mist.ac.bd.
Examination System. There will be NO multiple choice type questions (MCQ); questions will be in both English and Bangla and applicants can answer in English or Bangla. The marks distribution for both units are as follows:
|Mathematics||80||Total Marks: 200
Examination Duration 3.0 hours
|Drawing and Architecture related topics||100||Total Marks: 200 + 100
Examination Duration: (3.0 + 2.0) hours
For Unit A only, candidates will sit for the written test of 3 hours. For Unit B (Architecture) only / both A and B (Engineering and Architecture) candidates will sit for the written test of 5 hours (3 hours+2.0 hours) with a break in between.
- During examination only pen, pencil, coloured pencil (for Architecture applicants), eraser, pencil sharpener can be used.
- Mobile phone, smart watch and programmable electronics equipment, compass and bags are not allowed in examination hall.