Eligibility for written test
- Candidates will be short-listed on the basis of total GPA/marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics and
Chemistry in HSC or Equivalent Examination. In case of tie, order of priority for finding the eligible
candidates will be: GPA/marks in Mathematics, Physics and then Chemistry.
- Approximately 10,000 (Ten thousand) short listed candidates against total seat capacity of 570 will be
allowed to appear written test. These 10,000 candidates include, candidates passed in H.S.C/Equivalent
Examination in current year (2018) and maximum 20% (not exceeding 2000) candidates passed HSC or
equivalent in previous year (2017).
- All eligible candidates with GCE A’ Level or equivalent of current year and previous year (last year
only) will be allowed to appear at the written admission test.
- Two separate lists (one for current year and one for last year’s candidates) will be generated for
selection purpose to appear written admission test only.
- Short list of eligible candidates will be published on 10 October 2018 in the MIST website www.mist.ac.bd.
Examination System. There will be no multiple choice type questions (MCQ); questions will be in both English and Bangla and applicants can answer in English or Bangla. The marks distribution for both units are as follows:
|Mathematics||80||Total Marks: 200
Examination Duration 3.0 hours
|Drawing and Architecture related topics||100||Total Marks: 200 + 100
Examination Duration: (3.0 + 2.0) hours
For Unit A only, candidates will sit for the written test of 3 hours. For Unit B (Architecture) only / both A and B (Engineering and Architecture) candidates will sit for the written test of 5 hours (3 hours+2.0 hours) with a break in between.
- During examination only pen, pencil, coloured pencil (for Architecture applicants), eraser, pencil sharpener can be used.
- Mobile phone, smart watch and programmable electronics equipment, compass and bags are not allowed in examination hall.