Room: 3rd Floor, Tower-4, MIST.
Mirpur Cantonment, Dhaka-1216, Bangladesh.
- PhD in Biological Chemistry
Korea Institute of Science & Technology (KIST), South Korea. Duration: 2007-2014
- M.Sc. in Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering
Khulna University, Bangladesh. Duration: 2003-2006
- B.Sc. in Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering
Khulna University, Bangladesh. Duration: 1998-2002
- International Research and Development Academy Fellowship, KIST, South Korea
 Editorial Board Member, American Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics (http://www.imedpub.com/editorprofile/Md_Ashrafuzzaman/)
 Member, Technical Sub-Committee (TSC) for medical devices, DGDA, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), Bangladesh
 Member, Technical Committee for Biosimilar Products Guideline, DGDA, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), Bangladesh
 Member, WHO Medical Device Server mailing List, Oct 2017-date
 Member, SEARNET_NBBDSURV mailing list (SOUTH-EAST ASIA REGIONAL NETWORK FOR STRENGTHENING NEWBORN HEALTH & PREVENTION OF BIRTH DEFECTS, Oct 2017-Date
 Chair, Department of Biomedical Engineering, MIST, Nov 2014-Apr 2016
 Advisor, Clinical Engineering Association for Healthcare Technology (CEAHT), Bangladesh
 Member, Bangladesh Chemical Society (BCS), Bangladesh
 Member, Korean Chemical Society (KCS), Korea
 Member, Korea Oil Chemical Society (KOCS), Korea
 Alumni, Bangladeshi Students Association in Korea (BSAK), Korea
 Member, Phacilitate, UK
 Member, MANNAM Association (NGO for social & Volunteer activity), Korea
 Member, Seoul Global Center (SGC), Korea
 Member, PURUN Civil Community (NGO for social activity related with migrants), Korea
 Member, Asia Media Culture (AMC) factory, Seoul, Korea
Research Domain: Biomedical Science and Drug Delivery.
- Israt Humaira, Kazi Arman Ahmed, Sayantee Roy, Zareen Tasnim Safa, F. M. Tanvir Hasan Raian, Md. Ashrafuzzaman, “Design and Development of an Advanced Affordable Wearable Safety Device for Women: Freedom Against Fearsome”, Advances in Science, Technology and Engineering Systems Journal, Vol. 6, Issue 2, pp. 829-836, 2021.
- Mohammad Tareq Alam, Md. Ashrafuzzaman, Nazmir Nur Showva, Mansura Ahmed, Md. Asadur Rahman, “Geographical Modules of COVID-19 Pandemic in Bangladesh: Social Response and Action Taken”, SciMedicine Journal, vol. 6, Special Issue “Covid-19”, pp. 24-35, 2021.
- Farzana Rashid, Md. Ashrafuzzaman, SK Laila Ayesha, Sadia Tanzim Islam, Niaz Mahmud and Md. Asadur Rahman, “An Approximate Overview of COVID-19 Treatment Approaches by Registered Physicians of Bangladesh”, Insights of Biomedical Research, Vol. 4, Issue 1, pp. 125-138, 2020.
- Puja Saha, Saima Chowdhury, Afsana Mehrab, Md. Ashrafuzzaman, “Faster Way of Brain Tumor Detection from Scratch MRI Images”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Vol. 11, Issue 4, pp. 1211-1215, 2020.
- Md. Ashrafuzzaman, Farahdiba Zarin, Parsa Sanjana Binte Hoque, Faiza Ahmed, Afsana Mimi, “A Case Study of the Potential Measures Taken Regarding Effective Minimization of Congenital Birth Defects in Bangladesh”, Journal of Slovenská zdravotnícka Univerzita v Bratislave, Vol. 16, Issue. 1, pp. 32, 2020, Published by Slovak Medical University, Bratislava
- Md. Ashrafuzzaman, Zannatul Naim, Md Mustahsan Billah, S M Masud Rana, “Replication and Transcriptional Regulation Review of Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)” EC Microbiology, Vol. 7.2, 2017, pp. 58-66.
- Md. Ashrafuzzaman and S. M. Masud Rana, et al. “Antidiarrheal Activity of Three Medicinal Plants in Swiss Albino Mice” International Journal of Biomedicine (IJBM), Vol. 6(3), 2016, pp. 233-236.
- Md. Ashrafuzzaman, Jung In Pyo, Chan Seong Cheong*, “Sucrose derivatives preparation using Thermomyces lanuginosus lipase and their application”, Bulletin of Korean Chemical Society (BKCS), Vol. 35, No. 2, 2014, pp. 477-481
- Md. Ashrafuzzaman, K. M. Hossain, M. B. Hossain, S.M.E Babor, “Effect of different food enzymes as leavening agent on wheat flour protein during fermentation”, Khulna University Studies, Vol-6 (no. 1 & 2 June - December)
- Md. Anwarul Islam, Md. Shafiul Islam, and Md. Ashrafuzzaman, “Designing of a Decision Support System for Cancer Treatment Using Artificial Intelligence,”21st Asia-Oceania Congress of Medical Physics, 10-12 December 2021.
- Sk. Saima, SadiMahmood, Mala Khan, Md. Ashrafuzzaman, and Md. Asadur Rahman, “Computer Aided Skin Disease Detection from Image,” 21st Asia-Oceania Congress of Medical Physics, 10-12 December 2021.
- Md Ashrafuzzaman*, Md. SakibAbrarHossain, MonjurulAhsan, Nabil Islam, “Proposed Module for Establishment of National Cardiovascular Database in Low Middle Income Countries, 11th Asian-Pacific Conference on Medical and Biological Engineering. APCMBE 2020. IFMBE Proceedings, Vol 82, pp. 159-172, 2021, Springer Nature Switzerland AG. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-66169-4_21
- Md. Ashrafuzzaman*, Faiza Ahmed, Afsana Mimi, FarahdibaZarin, Sabrina Shetu, “Ceramide: An Extravagant Prospective for Treatment of Burn Patients”, 11th Asian-Pacific Conference on Medical and Biological Engineering. APCMBE 2020. IFMBE Proceedings, Vol 82, pp. 257-271, 2021, Springer Nature Switzerland AG, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-66169-4_32
- Md. Sakib Abrar Hossain and Md Ashrafuzzaman*, “Open Source Robust Machine Learning Software for Medical Patient Data Analysis and Cloud Storage”, 8th European Medical and Biological Engineering Conference. EMBEC 2020. IFMBE Proceedings, Vol 80, pp. 932-943, 2021, Springer Nature Switzerland AG. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-64610-3_104
- Puja Saha, AfsaraTasnim, Oranti Ahmed Omi, Tarin Rahman, Md. Ashrafuzzaman*, “Photosweep: an Engineering Approach to Develop Cost Effective Sterilization System for Hospitals”, Advances in Decision Sciences, Image Processing, Security and Computer Vision. Learning and Analytics in Intelligent Systems, Vol 3, pp. 31-38, 2019. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-24322-7_5
- Puja Saha, Masuda Afrin Tuba, Kazi Arman Ahmed, Md. Ashrafuzzaman*, “Development of an Inexpensive Proficient Smart Walking Stick for Visually Impaired People”, Advances in Decision Sciences, Image Processing, Security and Computer Vision. Learning and Analytics in Intelligent Systems, Vol 3, pp. 48-56, 2019. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-24322-7_7
- Ashrafuzzaman M., Zarin F., Foysal Rabbi M., SanjanaBinteHoque P., Sultana Laboni F., MonjurulAhsan S., “Bangladesh Government action plan for certified clinical engineers to achieve healthcare SDG by 2030”, 3rd ICEHTMC Proceedings, J Global Clinical Engineering, Special Issue 2, pp. 144, 2019.
- Md. Ashrafuzzaman*, Faiza Ahmed, FarahdibaZarin, Sabrina Shetu, Afsana Mimi, “Ceramide: An Inordinate Potential for Burn and Wound Healing”, Proceedings of 5th International Turkic World Conference on Chemical Sciences and Technologies (ITWCCST 2019), pp. 67, 2019.
- Farahdiba Zarin, Kazi Zerin Tasnim, Fahria Sharmin, Parsa Sanjana Binte Hoque, M. Mahfuza Khatun, Md. Ashrafuzzaman*, “Improved yield and variations in α-Amylase production by media modification and induced mutagenesis of Bacillus licheniformis”, Proceedings of 5th International Turkic World Conference on Chemical Sciences and Technologies (ITWCCST 2019), pp. 68, 2019.
- Md. Ashrafuzaman*, Mohammad TareqAlam, Md. Abdullah-Al- Harun, “An Engineering Module to Identify Potential Diabetes Patients and Preventive Measures for Diabetes in Developing Countries like Bangladesh”, World Congress on Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering 2018. IFMBE Proceedings, Vol 68/1, pp. 405-409, 2018. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-9035-6_75
- Md. Ashrafuzzaman*, Md. SakibAbrarHossain, Md. Tareq Aziz, “Development of Low Cost Central Monitoring Platform by Modeling and Simulation for Patients Care in Low Middle Income Countries”, World Congress on Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering 2018. IFMBE Proceedings, Vol 68/1, pp. 737-744, 2018. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-9035-6_136
- Md. Ashrafuzzaman, MonjurulAhsan, SakibAbrarHossain, Nabil Islam, “Proposed module for establishment of national cardiovascular database in low middle-income countries”, Fourth WHO Global Forum on Medical Devices REPORT, pp. 93, AMTZ-Kalam Convention Centre, Visakhapatnam, India, 13-15 December 2018, WHO
- Md. Ashrafuzzaman, Afsana Mimi, Faiza Ahmed, Sabrina Shetu , “Development of ceramide loaded chitosan composite (ChiCeC) for biomedical applications universally”, Fourth WHO Global Forum on Medical Devices REPORT, pp. 117, AMTZ-Kalam Convention Centre, Visakhapatnam, India 13-15 December 2018, WHO
- Md. Ashrafuzzaman, “Current status of medical device industries in South-East Asia, Specially in Bangladesh and future scopes to achieve SDG 2030”, 1st Global High-End Manufacturing Summit-2019 (GHMS-2019), Changsha, China, 13-16 May 2019.
- Md. Ashrafuzzaman, “Biomedical and clinical engineering development in Bangladesh”, Third WHO Global Forum on Medical Devices REPORT, pp. 106-107, Centre International de Conférences Genève (CICG) Geneva, Switzerland, 10 – 12 May 2017. WHO
- M. A. Hossain, M. Saiful Islam, M. Ahmad, M. Ashrafuzzaman, Yadin David, “Necessity of clinical engineering to regulate the medical devices in middle income countries”, Proceedings of 2nd International Clinical Engineering and Health Technology Management Congress - II ICEHTMC, Sao Paulo, Brazil, 20-22 September, 2017.
- M. A. Hossain, M. Ahmad, Azman Hamid, M. R. Islam, A. K. M. Rahman, M. Ashrafuzzaman, Yadin David, “Clinical Engineering Approach to Improve Healthcare Technology Management for Enhancing Healthcare Delivery System in Middle Income Countries”, Proceedings of 2nd International Clinical Engineering and Health Technology Management Congress - II ICEHTMC, Sao Paulo, Brazil, 20-22 September, 2017.
Drug Development and Delivery System
Biomedical Engineering Practice and Innovation
Cell and Tissue Engineering
Biomaterials and Biomechanics
- FACULTY MEMBER, Department of BME, Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST), Mirpur Cantonment, Dhaka-1216, Bangladesh.
Duration: October, 2014 – Present.
- SENIOR RESEARCHER, Team Leader, Electronic materials Research, WithEL Chemicals Company Limited. Deokjin-gu, Jeomju-si, Jeollabuk-do, Korea 561-844.
Duration: March – September, 2014
- RESEARCH ASSISTANT (as a Ph.D candidate), Korea Institute of Science & Technology (KIST) Chemical Kinomics Center, P.O.Box 131, Seoul-130-650, Korea.
Duration: March, 2007 – February, 2014
- SENIOR EXECUTIVE, Non Textile Division, Swiss Colours Bangladesh Ltd. House# 54/1, Road# 4/A (New), Dhanmondi R/A, Dhaka-1209. Bangladesh.
Duration: October, 2006 – January, 2007
- APPLICATION CHEMIST, Famous iberchem Flavours & Fragrances Ltd (JV with Iberchem, Spain). Head Office: 38, Mitford Road, Dhaka-1100. Factory: Kunia, K.B. Bazar, Gazipur, Bangladesh.
Duration: August, 2005 – September, 2006
- FOOD TECHNOLOGIST, Mona Food Industries, BSCIC Industrial Estate, Jhumjhumpur, Jessore, Bangladesh.
Duration: June, 2003 – July, 2005