Directorate of Students’ Welfare (DSW)
The Directorate of Students’ Welfare (DSW) started its journey from 15 June 2016 with the intention to provide administrative support and counseling services to the students of MIST and thereby promote educational and administrative leadership to all structures of MIST. DSW wing currently offers various opportunities to the students of MIST in order to enhance their cognitive skills and overall knowledge via arranging different seminars, workshops and career advisory programs.
With its excellent professional competence, DSW wing is working relentlessly for the welfare of the students of MIST. Additionally, DSW wing also facilitates necessary financial aid to the students by processing stipends in different categories. As such, many students have been able to continue incessant study at MIST. Moreover, DSW wing also patronizes all the students’ run clubs of MIST and monitors their activities for attending the creativity among the students. One of the most important activities of the DSW wing is mentoring Alumni activities. Furthermore, the DSW wing is always open to all students of MIST regarding any difficulties they may be facing.
Message from the Director DSW
Since the inception of MIST back in 1998, the institute has been trying to earn a concrete reputation for educational and research excellence. The goal of MIST is very clear from its motto i.e. “Technology for Advancement”. Every member of the institute has always thrived to bring out the very best from the students, be it classroom initiatives or laboratory facilities and such other co-curricular activities. Here, learning that happens inside the classroom is amplified by other subsequent activities outside the classroom. These experiences stretch across campus life and beyond: from MIST field to classrooms, from faculty towers to the workshop, from the Multi-Purpose Hall to the club activities, from Osmany Hall to every other student run clubs of the institute. These opportunities enrich students’ lives and help them build skills as leaders, organizers, and problem-solvers and thereby develop their thirst for knowledge. These campus life experiences also offer students opportunities to have fun and relax as well, to rest and recharge, and to achieve some balance whatsoever between learning and living.
The “Directorate of Students’ Welfare (DSW)” partners with students, faculty, and staff to help students thrive academically, physically, and personally. We are dedicated to supporting students during any course of their time here at MIST and afterwards as well.
The MIST life style is somewhat rigorous, and we are here to listen, to guide, and to assist whenever students need help. We are just a phone call away, and you are always welcome at the DSW Wing. We do listen and cater for your needs. Whether you are a current student, parent, prospective student, or faculty or staff member, please reach out to us.
In short, we are here for the students and every staff at the DSW wing is dedicated to adhere to that mission.
According to the “Daily Order Part-1 No: 86/2016” with the order of the Commandant, MIST, a separate wing named as the “Directorate of Students’ Welfare (DSW)” was initialized in MIST on 15 June 2016 with Col Molla Jubair, te being the director.
DSW started its journey with the intention to provide administrative support and counseling services to students. DSW currently offers various opportunities to the students in order to enhance their skills and knowledge via arranging different seminars, workshops and career advisory programs. DSW office is working persistently for the welfare of the students of MIST. From then onwards, this wing is working relentlessly for the welfare of the students of MIST.
- Excellence in the provision of administrative support and counseling services to the students of MIST.
- Promotion of educational and leadership skills for every member of the institute.
- Help students in the development of cognitive skills and overall knowledge quotient.
- Facilitate students to achieve required potential excellence.
- Patronizing club activities and other outreach events.
- To provide leadership, social, extra-curricular and academic counseling programs to all students.
- To challenge students to become responsible and productive citizens of the country.
- To support the educational and administrative goals of MIST.
- Facilitate various extra-curricular activities (International & National) of the students.
- Monitor various student club activities.
- Provide carrier advisory services.
- Provide counseling services to students with academic and social problems.
- Provide necessary alumni functions.
- Perform the role of proctor.
- Provide residential hostel facility to the students.
Various Clubs of MIST
- Computer Club
- Career Club
- Robotics Club
- Drama and Film Club
- Debate Club
- Photographic Club
- Literature and Cultural Club
- Automobile Club
- Aeronautics & Astronautics Club
- Ethonovon Club
- Environment Club