- To establish a prestigious academic institute for studies in different fields of engineering and technology for military personnel and civil officials / students of home and abroad at degree and post graduate levels.
- To organize courses on military science, technology and management in various arenas of interest.
- To hold examinations and confer certificates of diplomas/degrees, other academic distinctions, to and on persons who have persuaded a course of study and have passed examinations conducted by the institute.
- To confer research degrees, award fellowship, scholarship, exhibition, prizes, medals and honorary degrees to persons who have carried out research works under conditions as prescribed in the MIST regulations.
- To establish teaching Divisions (Div), Departments (Dept), Centers, Faculties etc and to make necessary arrangements for their maintenance/management/administration.
- To make provisions for advisory, research and consultation service including supervision, material testing and to enter into suitable agreement with any persons/organizations for this purpose.
- To co-operate with Universities/ Technical Institutions (both military and civil) including memoranda of understanding (MOU) at home and abroad, in the manner and purpose as the institute may determine.
- To do such other acts, related to above-mentioned objectives, as may be required in order to expand the objectives of the institute.
Last updated on Monday, June 15, 2015