Eligibility for written test
- Candidates will be short-listed on the basis of total GPA obtained in Mathematics, Physics and
Chemistry in HSC or Equivalent Examination. In case of tie, order of priority for finding the eligible
candidates will be: marks/GPA in Mathematics, Physics and then Chemistry.
- Approximately 10,000 (Ten thousand) short listed candidates against total seat capacity of 570 will be
allowed to appear written test. These 10,000 candidates include, candidates passed in H.S.C/Equivalent
Examination in current year (2017) and maximum 20% (not exceeding 2000) candidates passed HSC or
equivalent in previous year (2016).
- All eligible candidates with GCE A’ Level or equivalent of current year and previous year (last year
only) will be allowed to appear at the written admission test.
- Two separate lists (one for current year and one for last year’s candidates) will be generated for
selection purpose to appear written admission test only.
- Short list of eligible candidates will be published on 01 Nov 2017 in the MIST website www.mist.ac.bd.
Examination System. There will be no multiple choice type questions (MCQ). The marks distribution for both units are as follows:
|1.||l (Unit A)
|Mathematics||80||Total Marks: 200
Exam Duration 3.0 hrs
|5.||ll (Unit B)
|Drawing and Architecture related topics||100||Total Marks: 200 + 100
Exam Duration: (3.0 + 1.0) hrs
For Unit A only, candidates will sit for the written test of Question Module l for 3 hours. For Unit B (Architecture) only / both A and B (Engineering and Architecture) candidates will sit for question module l and ll for (3 hours+1 hours) with a break in between.